Okay book readers, have you read the 'The 5th Wave'? If so, I imagine you're eagerly awaiting the release of the next book, 'The Infinite Sea' which by the way is getting released tomorrow! Yes, 16th of September yay! If not, then you have to read these books anyhow, especially since there's a movie to be released filmed by Sony Pictures and starring none other than Chloe Grace Moretz! Exciting right?
I always read the books first though, check out the synopsis...
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.
Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
For Cassie Sullivan and the rest of Earth’s remaining human survivors, the situation was already desperate when the 5th Wave hit. It’s about to get worse.
No one yet knows the depths to which Earth’s conquerors—the Others—will sink in order to rid the Earth of the human infestation, nor have they guessed the heights to which the human spirit can reach. Characters introduced in Book One will come to the fore—and others will face the ultimate test.
Readers will watch in awe as the Others give their answer to Cassie’s defiance.
Interesting right? I think so, anyway, on to the main chunk of the post...
What to pack in your survival rucksack?
1. Water - I know I know so very obvious but necessary though right? Imagine dying of thirst, clearly not the best of experiences
2. Rope - You always see people in movies pack a rope and somehow somewhere along the line it becomes infinitely useful. Although I kind of do have a Rapunzel hair which can be used as a substitute... I JOKE. :P
I have the hair but no way is anyone tugging it.
3. Matches - I don't know how people produce a fire with stones or wood or whatever but tbh this is much more easier hehe
4. Mobile phone/radio - Have any of you guys watched the 100? Electrical devices are extremely useful believe it or not, even if there's no charge or signal you can get them working and gain contact with others. SCORE.
5. Knife/Something sharp - To cut things with when going on hunting. Bleugh. Just the thought of that. How does one survive in such conditions.
I think it's safe to say, I do not ever what to see myself in this situation. This I believe is pretty obvious taking in the limited number of items I would take with me. Though, I will fight to survive of course. I'll probably die trying however! LOL.
Anyway, guys, make sure to grab a copy of The Infinite Sea being released just tomorrow!
Happy Reading :D