Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Saving June
by Hannah Harrington

Pages: 322
Release Date: November 22nd 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Onilne ebook
Buy it: Amazon | The Book Depository | B&N
Add it: Goodreads




‘If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.’
Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.
When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going California.
Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanour and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.
Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.

My Thoughts
I struggled writing Saving June as a proper review. After hours of thought, I decided to take a different approach. And here I am, my thoughts as a letter. As this the best way I can completely express my feelings devotion.

Dear Hannah Harrington,

I have not the faintest idea where to begin but first, to express my need to say OH MY FRICKIN DAYS, you are amazing! Saving June is simply amazing. It's heartfelt, bewildering, outstanding and I am completely and undeniably in love with it.

Oh, the characters! I love how Harper's issues made her a stronger person. How she knew she could rely on her best friend Laney to do anything and go anywhere for her. But mostly, I'm thankful for Jake.

The events are simple yet extraordinary.
With settings as beautiful as the elegance of writing.
Saving June is just...
Uplifting.
Imaginative.
A M A Z I N G.

Thank you for blessing readers with this book.
I cannot possibly thank you enough.

Yours infinitely thankful,
Mia

6 comments:

  1. Lol Mia, I love that you formatted your review as a letter. But I totally agree with you, I adored this book so, so much. it was so beautiful and moving. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love this. And clearly shows exactly how I felt about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, cool review! I'll keep my eyes open for this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hey! you should send this to Hannah Harrington! funny thing, I looooved this book but I'm struggling with my review too. Is it because this is such an awesome book? great review/letter :D

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies♥
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you reviewed this book, it looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!