It's the new year, we're already near the end of January so this post is kinda really late, right? But IDC I wasn't blogging then and I really want to join in now sooooo...
Jamie from the Perpetual Page Turner is running an end of year book survey with sucha fun way to talk the best of 2012. I participated last year and loved it so am taking part again, yay :D
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Contemporary YA: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
Dystopian YA: The Selection by Kiera Cass
Sci-fi/supernatural/paranormal-ish: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Fantasy: Tempest by Julie Cross
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Storm by Brigid Kemmerer- Don't get me wrong people, I did really really really enjoyed this book but I'm not sure what but there there was something missing. Like, I expected WOW but didn't get it
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? Dearly Departed by Lia Habel - only because when I first started reading it I was like bleughh zombies and put it to the side. Then, picked it up again and I'm like zombiess oh yess ;D
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Lets say books? So, any books by Sarah Dessen! I have absolutely grown to love this women's stories. Magnific I say!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Hannah Harrington, Tammara Webber
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Easy by Tammara Webber
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012? Losing It by Cora Carmack
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Kat from the Heist Society series
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
But I Love Him by Amanda Grace, Saving June by Hannah Harrington, The Fault in our Stars by John Green
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? “And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labour has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?Shortest! Hana - A delirium story by Lauren Oliver
Longest! I'm not sure :/
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Clockwork frickin Prince!!!! Guys, you know that major revelation Will was told and then his reaction to that and the other events that followed? HOW CAN YOU NOT JUST CRY!!!
18. Favourite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
WILL AND TESSA -Clockwork Prince, Cassandra Clare
The tension is killing me!
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - OMG the amount of recommendations I got for this book is unbelievable. It wasn't as good as I had hoped but I really did enjoy reading it!
Boo hoo, I didn't read many books last year! It was only a bit over 50 than my normal 100 books a year. Though, it was still a great year of books. Come on 2013 :)
Welcome to Gripped into Books! A blog entirely dedicated to books and a place where you can get the best reccomendations of YA and NA books I love to read. Stop by for a while and drop a comment or two if you wish Happy Reading!