Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Unearthly
by Cynthia Hand

Pages: 448
Publish Date: 4th January 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen



In the beginning there's a boy standing n the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer appeals to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do.
Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seams to fall into place - and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelica side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she would have to make, between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?


I can't wait to read this book! Sounds so mysterious. I really enjoy a paranormal book specially when it has some romance involved.

What are you waiting for?
Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

13 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one. I have it from Netgalley but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one either!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Storm Before Atlanta
    By Karen Schwabach
    Publication date: December 28, 2010

    At a time when most people have grown weary of the war between the states, two young children are desperate to find their way to the battlefields. Jeremy DeGroot wants nothing more than to join a troop as a drummer boy. For Dulcie, a runaway slave, freedom means she must head directly toward the fighting in the hopes that she'll become "contraband," that is, property of the Union troops. Both Jeremy and Dulcie find a place with the 107th New York Volunteer Regiment and even start to forge a friendship. But all that is threatened when they keep crossing paths with the mysterious Charlie, a young Confederate soldier, who may look like the enemy but feels more like a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i definitely want to read this, i've heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, this one is already on my radar. I wasn't a fan at first, I've been converted by all the great reviews. In fact, I think I have this one marked as on of my NetGalley.com requests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick. I have it on netgalley and can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for this book too! Plus -- isn't that cover gorgeous? (Psst -- this book is on NetGalley!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'm definitely waiting on this one, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...another angel book. I know I have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited about this one, too! Not a huge fan of the cover, though. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how that feather is woven into the font!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really excited about Unearthly. Can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good! I'm looking forward tothis one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!