Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise
by Richelle Mead

Pages: 493
Release Date: February 4th 2010
Publisher: Puffin
Series: Vampire Academy
Other Books in series: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadowkiss, Spirit Bound & Last Sacrifice
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US



How far will Rose go to keep her promise?
The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.
He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most
?


*SPOILERS!*

My Thoughts
Blood Promise is different from the other books in the Vampire Academy series but just as GOOD. No, actually awesome. I couldn't put it down! I loved it. I love each book in the Vampire Academy series so far and I can gladly say I wasn't disappointed. At all!

Rose Hathaway leaves the academy to Siberia on a mission to kill the guy she loves. Literally. Dimitri Belikov. The guy that turned into Strigoi, in other words a bad-ass-people-killing vampire. She only does this to end his suffering after being turned.

In this installment, we get to see a whole lot more of  Rose and Dimitri which I think is great. And Dimitri's family. His world and more about his life. It was amazing getting to know more about him and I loved reading about them. There's no doubt that I loved each and every new character that was introduced especially Dimitri's grandma.

Yet, I was eagerly waiting til the time when Dimitri and Rose will finally meet. It was unnerving reading page after page not knowing what will happen and when it will occur. Though, when it did, I was relived yet aghast at the sudden changes especially in our new Dimitri.

Mead has not let us down especially with that killer cliffhanger. Heck, I can't wait to read the next book. A truly amazing read. Can things get any better?

5 comments:

  1. I so need to read the rest of this series! I loved the first one, and I need to know how Rose and Dimitri get on! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Blood Promise was so gut wrenching. I love this series so much! This one hit me hardest. Dimitri's family was amazing! I'm sad we don't ever go back to them later in the series - that would have been cool.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Blood Promise because it was so different to the rest! Seeing that different Dimitri was awesome in my opinion. Glad you enjoyed this one - fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this one but it was probably my least favourite of the series. I think the next one is my absolute favourite so I hope you enjoy that =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series. I fell into a slight depression when it was over...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!