Character Interview: Fated by Sarah Alderson

Fated
by Sarah Alderson


What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it? When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends. If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?
--


Evie, how does it feel being a kick ass demon hunter?
Let's see - high odds of being eviscerated, drained, burnt, clawed or sliced to death, no boyfriends, no future, no choice whatsoever, limited travel opportunities unless I want to travel to other realms and no job benefits other than an endless supply of bullets. How do you think it feels?

But to answer your question, I'd rather be a kick ass one than a lame one.

Lucas, let's just say that you weren't a half human, half shadow warrior that worked for the Brotherhood. What do you believe you would have been working as instead?
I'd be working with horses, probably on a ranch somewhere.

What do you both like the best in each other?
L:  Like you said, she's kick ass. Like no other.
E: He has so much belief - in the choices he makes, in me, in us. He never chooses the easy way, always the right way.

Spill the beans, Lucas! How many girlfriends have you had?
A few. Nothing long-term so strictly speaking I'm not sure they count as girlfriends. I moved around a lot when I was growing up and was training too hard to think about girls. Before Evie and just before I joined the Brotherhood I dated a friend of my sister's, back in LA. It was short lived, seeing how she was a Sybll and could see everything coming. Including me breaking up with her.

How does it feeling knowing your lives won't be the same as before?
L: Sometimes you have to choose the path that isn't the easiest but you know is the right one to take. And right here, by Evie's side is where I'm meant to be. I was always going to die - being in the Brotherhood you get used to that fact pretty fast, but at least now I know exactly what I'm dying for. Is it worth it? Yes. It will end this war.

E: It took a while to get over that - to come to terms with being a Hunter and then with what Lucas did. Now we're committed to this ..thing - but finally I feel like I get to choose and that I can actually make a difference. And he's here - Lucas is with me. It makes it easier.

Let's go behind the scenes! What do you think Sarah has in store for both of you?
Knowing Sarah I'd say it's a safe bet that we'll be encountering a lot more unhumans in the near future and we'll be kicking their asses. I hear tell that there's a whole new host of characters headed our way - both good and bad - as well as some favourite old ones (the few that are still alive) showing up to make trouble. There's even rumours of rogue Hunters who may be able to help us, if only we can find them. Also, Lucas should be prepared to reconnect with family. But we're also guessing that this path we're on isn't going to run too straight - we might need to prepare our goodbyes.

--
Hmmm. It sure ends in an ominous note. I don't want to see any characters leave! Okay so you guys have to read Fated, now right?  My review will be posted very soon so make sure you look out for it! Also, a big big thank you to Sarah for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I absolutely loved Fated. I still loved Hunting Lila more, but it was still a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!