Runaway by Meg Cabot

Runaway
by Meg Cabot

Pages: 275
Release Date: September 3rd 2010
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Series: Airhead Triology
Other books in series: Airhead and Being Nikki
Buy it: Amazon


Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from her family and from herself. She's reeling from the shock that Nikki, the girl whose body her brain was forced to inhabit, is still alive. And she's furious. Manipulative Brandon plans to use Em to discover a secret that will ensure his success, whilst Christopher is out for revenge, fuelled by his jealousy. With everyone around her playing a dangerous game, maybe Em should just keep on running...




My Thoughts
With this final book in the Airhead trilogy, I have got to say it finished with marvel. I really enjoyed reading it escpecially since the last book, Being Nikki, left me off my feet with a very unexpected finish,

Em's witty and shinning character is so worth reading. As always, I love her attitude towards things, she's kinda badgirl with a great personality nevertheless. As Christopher dashes in as her knight in shinning armour, supposedly rescuing her, Em reveals many things. They turn out to be things that upset Christopher.

It's quite amusing how Christopher feels like he has to be 'needed'. I'm sure it's an abvious trait, wanting someone to need you around sometimes and just for the fun of it. When Em does finally admit that particular factor he goes over the moon. And kisses her. Very cute. But then not so cute when he disregards the entire things. What can I say? Boys will be boys!

There's certaintly alot of action, humour and spark to this book. It finishes off very nicely and all the past events are wrapped up. Meg Cabot writes like magic as always! I love her all her books. A triology that is a must read!

11 comments:

  1. I love Meg Cabot, I must start reading this series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once addicted to Meg Cabot when I was younger. I've been itching to get my hands on this book for ages. I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Meg Cabot fan and cannot wait to read her latest release, Abandon. I'm glad you're enjoying her writing as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this particular series, but I remember enjoying Meg Cabot when I was younger. I am excited to check her out again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know my daughter is a fan of Meg Cabot, but she's never read these books so I think I just found a good gift THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of Meg Cabot books. Even though I haven't read this series by her. I think this series is going to be great! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got few Meg Cabot books but I haven't really got the chance to read it yet. I should try to dig them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looove this series i remember waiting forever just to read the next book in the series, i know this is nothing new but i do have to say, i live in canada and the book cover for the one here is )no offense) abillion times more amazing then this one, if you have time go check it out no joke :) love this review !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting book-looks like a great review. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Meg Cabot's books, and Runaway doesn't disappoint. Sure, the premise only gets more ridiculous as the book goes on, but she sells it. Meanwhile, her characters are always funny and likable, and she writes heroines that are to be admired. Em might have to walk the runway in bra and panties, but she's nobody's victim, and she saves herself more that once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!