Waiting on Wednesday (23)

Ripple
by Mandy Hubard

Pages: 272
Release Date: July 21st 2011
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Buy the Book: Amazon

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?

What are you waiting for?
Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

14 comments:

  1. This one sounds really good and I love the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mandy's other book, You Wish, and Ripple sounds fantastic. I love mermaid themed books and this one sounds amazing. Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book. Wicked pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait for this title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pick this week is a siren story, too :D This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick!! I want this book pretty bad!!!!
    Check out my Wow


    Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one either ! !=) gREAT PiCK ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think mermaids and sirens are the next big thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read this - and I lover the cover too! Great pick - and July isn't that far away so the wait won't be too long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit I'm a sucker for creatures that live in the water so this book is right up my alley. I hope it is a good book. Thanks for showcasing it this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!